BrandYourself is a website that helps professionals gauge how helpful or hurtful their online presence is and offers advice for bettering their online reputations. You can use BrandYourself to get a score on their chart of how helpful or hurtful your presence online is. They gauge this by having their software look through your social media posts and google search results that include your name and running them through algorithms that determine their impact on your online reputation. Once you have your score, you can look at their advice for how to better it in the future. If you need extra help, you can talk to their specialized reputation teams that will give you more in depth advice.
- BrandYourself offers a reputation gauge that will give you a numerical score that represents your online reputation, and it gives you a colored scale to see whether your score is good or bad.
- BrandYourself's reputation score does not require any action or searching on your part.
- Their program does all of that for you.
- BrandYourself offers advice for how to improve your online reputation, which could including removing some posts or pictures.
- Afterwards, you can track your success and see where your online reputation lies.
- The reputation score that BrandYourself gives you requires no effort on your part. Their software does all of the social media digging for you so that you do not have to worry about it.
- The advice that BrandYourself gives you to clean up your image online could be exactly what you need to land your next job.
- If you try some of the suggestions that BrandYourself gives you, and still feel that you are not seeing great results, or want even better results, you can, for a fee, speak directly to BrandYourself's online reputation teams for more in depth advice.
- There is no guarantee that cleaning up your online image with BrandYourself will result in you getting a job. You must still be a well qualified candidate
- There are some things that BrandYourself may judge you for or take your score down for that you disagree with and do not feel have a negative impact on your reputation online.
- If you do want to have good results with BrandYourself, you have to be willing to completely reshape your presence online. That could mean getting rid of some sentimental posts, like "incriminating" Facebook posts of your youth.
BrandYourself is a must have for any young professional on the job market. Your online presence oftentimes impacts the likelihood of you receiving a job. With the advice that you get from BrandYourself, you can easily improve your online image to look good for potential future employers. The site gives you an easily understandable score that describes your reputation online. This service alone would be a great help for a large number of young professionals looking to join or rejoin the workplace. One of the best things about it is that it does all the work on finding that for you. Once you have it, the rest of the service is invaluable. The advice that they give you could very well be the advice that lands you your next job.