SpyFu wants to give businesses an edge over their competition by exposing the search terms that lead Internet traffic to a competitor's web site. It also allows a user to download that competitor's advertisements.
- Displays valuable information about a website's traffic
- Website data on over 82 million domains
- Advice on how to use the data when following through on a marketing campaign
- Getting the information is extraordinarily fast and requires just a web address and a click
- Very pleasant viewing experience on a fast website
- Multiple subscription plans available to fit various budgets
- Free services are heavily limited
- No downloaded version or mobile app support
Using SpyFu is pretty simple: Just navigate to the site's home page and enter a competitor's web address into the search bar. After that, a detailed page appears showing some very intimate details about that website. The information includes the number of organic keywords that website produces, the estimated monthly SEO (search engine optimization) clicks, the estimated value of those clicks, and much more. For example, entering CNN.com into the bar reveals that the major news service has a whopping 600,000 keywords, 90 million monthly SEO clicks and around $60 million in generated revenue as a result. SpyFu also reveals the percentage of clicks that are organic versus paid, the amount of paid keywords used in advertising, and the estimated budget for Google AdWords advertising. There's also a handy list of organic and paid competitors and a Venn diagram showing which competitors share the most keywords. Scrolling down on the page reveals yet more information: Top keywords, top AdWords, ranking history and inbound links. All the while, this data is presented in a surprisingly aesthetic way. It's pleasing and modern, and the graphics are easy to understand. All of the features listed above are free, but to a limited extent. Seeing more detailed information requires a monthly subscription, which allows an unlimited amount of search results and, depending on how much is paid, increasingly detailed information. And if you end up really, really liking SpyFu and want to show support, they even have a rather humorous online clothing store.