Drupal Commerce is a framework for developing e-commerce websites and applications using the open source Drupal platform. The software is developed by Commerce Guys, which offers software as a service to businesses to help them get off the ground in the online sales market.
- Create advanced e-commerce website and applications on the Drupal platform
- Completely modular design allows enhanced customization to fit any brand
- Perfectly usable for selling physical and non-physical products
- Easy enough for usage by amateurs
- Integrated with dozens of services and programs, including Square, Amazon Pay, LingoTek, Avalara, Braintree by PayPal, Exactor, Skrill Moneybookers, iPay88, Viva Payments, NZPost, Kiala, Colissimo Flexibility and more
- Free to download and open source
- Very easy to use and install
- Multiple downloads are available, including a Kickstart version for novice users who want to be up and running as fast as possible
- Excellent amount of documentation is available for review to help newbies get started and to help experts refine their trade
- This framework is only for e-commerce and only for Drupal, making it a bit limited in scope
Drupal has emerged as a nice alternative to web frameworks like WordPress with its modern design philosophy. It's estimated to be used in around 2.3 percent of all websites around the world. Those who use Drupal for building their online shop will should probably check out Drupal Commerce, which takes the capabilities of Drupal even further and streamlines the operations for e-commmerce. The trick behind Drupal Commerce is its ability to seamlessly intertwine products and content, creating a rich user experience that has proven to bring in more revenue. The software itself is completely free and open source, but the company behind it, Commerce Guys, offers services to optimize the experience for novice users. Interested parties can request a quote on their website. Demonstrations of the software in action can be viewed on its website. Those who are interested in contributing to the software's development can do so online.