WooCommerce is an open-source WordPress plugin for creating shopping carts. It is a customizable solution that lets you create a great experience for your customers. You can set up an online storefront with minimum effort and time. It integrates with your current WordPress setup seamlessly. WooCommerce has gained popularity over other similar shopping cart plugins due to its simplicity and ease-of-use.
- An open source product built with the help of more than 350 contributors worldwide
- Integrates with WordPress instantly
- More than 400 official extensions to support every facet of sales and marketing
- Comprehensive documentation to support any kind of development
- Countless themes and customization options to create a truly unique shopping experience
- Built with efficient product sorting and filtering in mind
- Ready for PayPal, credit cards, bank transfer, checks and cash on delivery
- Customizable shipping options and rates in the front panel
- Free and open-source
- Fast and easy to get started
- Thousands of store designs available
- Accepts multiple payment methods
- Add-ons and extension prices can add up
- Not a full e-commerce application
WooCommerce provides a fast and easy solution for any e-commerce website. Because it was built for WordPress in mind, you can quickly integrate WooCommerce to your site and start selling products or services. The plugin comes with payment options for credit cards, PayPal, cryptocurrencies, cash on delivery (COD), and more. Also, it can automatically calculate local taxes. WooCommerce backend can handle logistics and inventory management tasks. You can handle all your order fulfillment and shipping tasks using the tools provided. There are a lot of add-ons to WooCommerce that help boost your sales and marketing efforts. From the platform, you can set up discounts, coupons, and free shipping offers. You can target specific customers for promotions. The plugin also comes with comprehensive reporting tools. It will provide you with business analytics about sales trends, inventory levels, product reviews, overall performance, and more. The platform is open-source. A thriving community of developers is supporting the software. So there are lots of free and paid third-party themes and extensions available to enhance your storefront. Also, there are lots of FAQs, documentation, and videos available to help you set up the store. But it’s important to understand that WooCommerce is not a full e-commerce application. It is only a plugin to add e-commerce functionality to your website. You might not have total flexibility to change the workflow like a full e-commerce application. WooCommerce plugin is free to download and install. But you have to pay for the popular add-ons and extensions. Generally, each add-on can cost you around $29-$79 per year. The prices depend on the complexity of the task and the popularity of the add-on.