Volusion is an an all-in-one ecommerce website solution. With Volusion, you can design a website visually (without writing any code) and it comes pre-configurd with all the things you need to sell things online. Websites built with Volusion are also automatically responsive, SEO-friendly, and secure (by way of a free SSL certificate). Volusion hosts all their websites on their own servers, taking the hassle out of dealing with dedicated web hosts. In addition to their excellent website builder, Volusion also offers design and marketing services.
- Included SSL for added security
- Built-in marketing and SEO suite
- Custom coupon/discount creation
- Product import via CSV
- Inventory management
- Search functionality
- You can make your website design even easier using one of their 49 pre-built themes
- All websites created with Volusion are automatically mobile friendly
- You get your very own domain (as opposed to something like store.volusion.com)
- Building a website from a visual builder (and themes) will always create a more “templated” look than one built by coding
- The cheapest plan sends customers to a different domain when they purchase something
- Volusion charges a 2%, 1%, or 0.5% transaction fee depending on the plan you’re on
- While editing the HTML and CSS that power your site is possible, it is unnecessarily difficult
Volusion makes building beautiful websites easy. When it comes to selling online, few things are as important as the look and feel of your website. With themes and easy-to-use drag-and-drop design tools, Volusion lets you create a great website without spending money on a web designer. Volusion also takes the hassle out of hosting a website. With their automatic hosting and unlimited bandwidth, Volusion provides a simple ecommerce website solution that leaves nothing to be desired. If you’re a one-man operation or a small business that doesn’t have the need for a dedicated web designer/design agency, Volusion is perfect for you. However, if you are a medium sized business, or if you value being able to tweak every aspect of your site, you’re better off with a free CMS such as WordPress.