Balsamiq Mockups is an app-design tool. It offers a gentle learning curve and collaboration capabilities. The product's makers sell it on a per-user basis.
- Version Control
- A simple software-prototyping environment
- Drag-and-drop features
- Usability testing
- Wireframes for collaboration
- Desktop interface
- Balsamiq Mockups can be easily learned by app-prototyping novices.
- Users can quickly install this tool.
- This title can be configured in minutes.
- Using Balsamiq Mockups is easier and faster than drawing and writing on paper.
- Frequent users laud this title's templates and drag-and-drop features.
- Balsamiq Mockups offers an intuitive and elegant interface.
- Balsamiq Mockups lacks preview-related features.
- Experts will feel limited by this tool.
- For large teams, this product's per-user pricing structure can become very costly.
- Balsamiq Mockups is not intended for interactive prototypes.
- This product does not integrate with other design tools.
- The title creates only low-fidelity prototypes.
The makers of Balsamiq Mockups call their product zenware. They conceived it as a software-prototyping tool that runs without the user noticing it. Balsamiq Mockups suits novice app designers. It offers them the ability to open the tool for the first time and instantly begin drawing, dragging, dropping and making notes. However, its simple and easily adopted interface leaves expert app designers longing for more features. Still, teams that feature members with widely varied skill levels can easily collaborate on app prototypes via Balsamiq Mockups.