Proto.io is software that allows users to create working prototypes of apps without having to do any coding. It accomplishes this by mocking up some complex slideshows, sort of like a powerful Microsoft PowerPoint presentation.
- Single-click sharing to let others easily see your app prototype
- Existing designs can be imported from Sketch or Photoshop
- Ability to create outstanding user interfaces, complete with advanced animations
- Free 15-day trial available with no credit card required
- Pricing is reasonable, as the smallest package costs $24 per month
- Allowing more than one user on the program means paying for larger packages
Making an app involves a lot of steps. And whether its to secure investment funding, dabble in crowdsourcing or simply show off an app's planned functionality, having a working prototype can be valuable. But often, that means doing some rudimentary coding or having a boring, comic-book style story board that doesn't bring the planned app to life. Thanks to Proto.io, it's now possible to demonstrate an app's upcoming functionality with its state of the art prototype development technology. Proto.io lets the user create speedy prototypes by having ready-to-use buttons and functionality that are commonly used in mobile apps. A user can simply drag and drop these features into place on each "slide," and after a little bit of customization, they can look and function just like the finished product. "Events" can be added after that, which will mimic functionality that happens as a result of mouse (touch) movement or clicks. Proto.io even allows advanced animations to show exactly which bells and whistles the finished product will have. The preview can then be displayed on Android and iOS mobile devices, as well as in a web browser on any machine. Sharing a prototype is easy, and users can leave comments or even video feedback to help with the development process. The prototypes will can be so functional that it will be hard for viewers to accept that the product isn't finished yet.