Cacoo is a flowchart design program that is available online. It includes collaboration features that allow users on different computers to work simultaneously on the same flowchart. Users can access, edit, and add to a diagram in way that is very similar to shared projects in Google Docs. Cacoo features inter-user chat as well so that various users can brainstorm and discuss the project together. For offices that have remote workers or need to be able to access flowcharts from inside or outside of the office, Cacoo features a wide suite of utilities that enable remote collaboration. In addition, Cacoo features a presentation mode and also allows users to export their flowcharts into PDF format.
- Cloud-based software allows real time collaboration.
- Broad range of templates available for creating different kinds of flowcharts.
- Activity Notifications
- Cacoo offers an extensive list of templates for designing flowcharts, wireframes, network diagrams, UML diagrams, and database diagrams.
- Cacoo can be used for a broad range of business purposes including creating presentations and organizing tasks.
- Cacoo is fully collaboration enabled and allows multiple users to edit, chat, and make suggestions while working from various locations.
- Cacoo is a relatively inexpensive software for what it offers.
- Cacoo lacks some of the features other professional flowchart design software provides. This includes being able to automatically generate flowcharts from CSV files.
Cacoo has a number of excellent features that most people will find adequate. This includes several premade templates alongside shape libraries. They are useful for making: Flowcharts Organizational charts Floor plans Mind maps Network maps Wireframes Infographics Other useful diagrams for presentations The collaborative aspect of Cacoo is where it excels the most. Having multiple team members work on and edit flow charts will be useful for a number of offices. Graphics can be imported from outside of the program and there are a number of options for changing the color scheme. The user interface is highly intuitive and additional shapes and symbols can be added to the diagram simply by dragging and dropping them there. One downside here is that once a shape has been locked onto a diagram, it cannot be altered or changed. It has to be deleted and then added again. That makes it a touch clunky for some. In addition, shapes won’t resize themselves to fit around text that has been added to the shape. Neither does Cacoo contain a spell-check feature. One last feature that most professional flowchart programs have that Cacoo does not is the ability to import or automatically generate diagrams from CSV files. Cacoo contains a large number of features and most folks will find that it offers an excellent environment and meets the vast majority of their needs. Others will find that the excess of features or the lack of advanced options don’t suit their needs entirely or are too cumbersome to work with. That being said, it’s easy to recommend a software like Cacoo because it is feature-rich, easy to work with, and will satisfy the majority of folks who use it. It’s definitely worth a look.