Ansible is a software created for easy IT automation. Rather than solving the same problem over and over, Ansible allows IT specialists to solve problems once and then create automated solutions going forward. This saves an immense amount of time and resources, making Ansible a valuable part of any business. In competitive business, being able to innovate and provide comprehensive applications and websites gives you an edge over the competition. But that innovation usually requires complicated coordination and unbelievable amounts of manpower. With Ansible, however, software automation makes the innovation process far simpler and more efficient. Ansible is a simple, easy-to-learn automation language. It encompasses the entirety of an IT application infrastructure. It's self-documenting, and anyone can learn to read it. Ansible is designed with a simple principle in mind: Automation shouldn't become more complex than the tasks it's replacing. You should be able to save time and effort through automation. Ansible requires no special coding skills to read. Programmed tasks are executed in order. The app accelerates workflow orchestration, configuration management, and the deployment of new applications. In addition, Ansible is agentless. It uses OpenSSH and WinRM to run. There are no agents that need constant updating or can be potentially exploited, making Ansible a predictable, reliable, and secure tool. Right now, Ansible is the most popular open-sourced automation tool on the market. There are more than 250,000 downloads per month. The language has over 2,400 contributors helping to expand and refine it, so almost all tasks that require automation have already been covered or will be covered soon. You can extend Ansible's power with Ansible Tower, a framework for controlling and managing your Ansible automation. Ansible Tower builds on your customized automation engine by adding access, control, auditing, security, and delegation capabilities. Automation is the most effective way to keep up with the industry's changing needs. You'll save time, manpower, and crucial costs by automating your tasks.
- Easy-to-learn programming language
- Easy-maintenance, agentless software
- Ansible Tower for project management
- Ebook guide to IT automation management
- Open source language which is consistently refined and updated
- Ansible a predictable, reliable, and secure tool.
- More than 250,000 downloads per month.
- Extend Ansible's power with Ansible Tower, a framework for controlling and managing your Ansible automation.
- Simple coding language can be easily manipulated and read by anyone
- Open source software is constantly being refined and improved upon
- Improved efficiency and cut costs
- Written in Python, which makes running it easier than other automation programs
- Agentless design means less maintenance
- Ansible configuration files are written in automation-friendly format YAML
- Ansible Tower's UI lacks the organization of other similar programs
- Simplistic automation might not be able to cover complex tasks
- Not as well-supported by Windows as it is by Linux
- Developing company has little experience working with large enterprises
I am new in IT Administration with just 1 year of experience, in my organization most of the systems are based on linux and I learned shell scripting to automate lot of tasks and installations, but still had to ssh into a specific system to run those scripts, then I searched something that would help me automated the process for the whole infrastructure remotely, and while searching I came across Ansible, and out of all the other similar tools I ended up with it because of its simple ssh based approach, , inventory files and playbooks. I increased my efficiency by more than 50% and now I get more time to explore the abilities of Ansible further.