Buddybuild is a continuous integration platform that assists developers to come up with apps and test them quickly. According to the company website, Buddybuild provides a continuous integration and deployment and offers a feedback platform for developer teams. Buddybuild provides a secure environment to build your app, triggers a build of your app, runs UI tests in your project, and prepares the app for testing or deployment. It supports iOS and Android projects and dependencies such as CocoaPods, Maven, Carthage, and npm.
- Fast set up for your app
- Instant replay of crash and bug reports to help you recreate the steps that led to an issue or crash
- Has a feedback reporter which testers use to record bug reports using notes, screenshots, and vital device metadata
- UI and automated unit testing that ensures the quality of your code is maintained and improved
- Timely crash reports with the exact source code line which caused the crash, how many times it occurred, and who it crashed for
- Automatic profile management for iOS
- Direct connection to the Apple Dev Centre that ensures apps are sent directly to iTunes Connect
- Buddybuild can be accessed anywhere and anytime so long as there is internet connectivity
- Buddybuild is easy to use and set up takes a few minutes
- Amazing feedback reports that come with notes, screenshots, and descriptions. The platform gives you test reports that show you the exact source of the problem and gives you a video to enable you to trace the issue step by step.
- Offers custom build release notes
- It has a free version that can help those on a low budget and startups
- Provides update prompts and usage tracking to know who installed the build
- It cannot work outside the typical build cycle for mobile. Since Buddybuild runs integrations on its servers, system access is very limited. You cannot: install specialized tools, build other platforms, interact with third-party integrations that are unsupported, and run shell scripts.
- Build time is prolonged
- Choice of build triggers are poor
Buddybuild is very easy to use and offers a customized experience for users. Once you push a new commit, Buddybuild begins an integration build and sends results to the testers. The platform automatically manages devices and profiles. It gives constant notifications, a binary distribution, builds, and testing. It is easy to start a new project on Buddybuild with minimal work and maintenance. This cloud-hosted platform offers several configurations to provide support for building several projects. Among its customizations, you can select an Xcode version including betas, a build scheme, and identity signatures. The platform is offered on mobile devices which makes it easier and convenient to use anywhere anytime. In case your app crashes, feedback pinpoints the exact source code line and gives you a video to help you trace the problem step by step. Buddybuild sends build notifications to your email, HipChat, and Slack to keep you in tune with the progress of your app development. It also offers environment variables, binary versioning, and unit testing to ensure you create the best app with the best usability and minimal crashes. Communication with the developer team is also easy as the end user of an app can send feedback by taking a screenshot of the app and/or writing a short description. The platform also offers developers a feature for regular crash reporting.