CBT Nuggets is a video-based eLearning platform for IT professionals. It is accessible from both a desktop browser and mobile devices. Learners pay on a monthly, semiannual, or annual basis, with discounts available for multi-year agreements.
- Training videos
- Quizzes and tests
- Learner community for discussing topics
- Virtual labs to explore new technology
- Accountability coaching to keep learners on track
- There is a large library of topics.
- Training is available for many of the common IT certifications that employers like.
- Subscribers report that it has increased their job performance, productivity, confidence, and efficiency.
- Individual videos are an average of 20 minutes long.
- Special options are available for the government and military.
- The monthly price is high compared to other options, at $84 a month for an individual. (There are discounts for multiple users and multi-year commitments).
- While common IT administration topics have in-depth coverage, there are fewer topics related to programming and software development.
Subscribers to CBT Nuggets can watch short, concise videos on many different IT topics to develop their skills. Viewers can test their knowledge with quizzes and tests. Simulated exams are available for covered certifications. Learners have found these methods useful for improving the quality of their work and ability to do more IT tasks. Users can log in and watch videos whenever it is convenient and from any device. The videos are high quality, and they show screen captures so viewers can see exactly how to use various software. Compared to classroom learning, it is a much more efficient and less expensive way for IT professionals to learn. Training paths cover administration and engineering for both networks and systems. Additional paths cover DevOps, programming, development, project management, and end-user training. There is training based on many common vendors. These include Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, VMware, Google, and Amazon Web Services. There is also coverage of open source technologies such as Linux. CBT Nuggets has over 9000 government and military users. Training is available in cybersecurity, and courses meet Department of Defense certification requirements for cybersecurity. Courses include CCNA Security, CompTIA Security, Certified Ethical Hacker, and more.