Google Maps is an app and website by Google that provides you with maps and travel information. The app can tell you the distance between two places, how long it will take you to get there, what the best routes are, and much more. You can calculate how long it will take you to get to places driving or walking, and it even allows you to see if there is heavy traffic or construction coming up on the road. Google maps essentially replaces the need to ever read a map again. You simply punch in whatever address you are going to and your location, and Google Maps does the rest of the work for you.
- Google Maps allows you to see how long it will take to travel somewhere walking, driving, or in mass transit.
- You can easily switch between all three options.
- Google Maps will suggest routes for you when you put in a destination you are trying to reach, giving you the fastest but often coming up with multiple options.
- Google Maps shows you where traffic and construction are ahead of you so you can know what streets to avoid driving down.
- It also tells you how that affects total travel time.
- Google Maps tells you the fastest routes and how to get onto them, giving you instructions on where to turn as you go about your trip.
- Google Maps will tell you if there is heavy traffic or construction up ahead, so you can know what parts of town to avoid driving in.
- Google maps eliminates the need to use an actual map to try to chart out your course ahead of time. With Google Maps you just need to have a device on you that can support it.
- Some addresses on Google Maps are incorrect and there are errors in some of the mapping, especially in more rural areas. This can lead to a lot of confusion when trying to get places.
- Google Maps can eat up your device's battery, so you may have to bring a car charger for longer trips if you wish to navigate with Google Maps for the entire time.
- If you are driving with Google Maps and have many streets coming at you as you drive, but missed your turn, it may constantly refresh itself giving you directions to streets you have already passed. This is not too much of a concern in small towns, but can affect some big cities, which may confuse people driving there.
There are few apps as helpful as Google Maps. Google Maps has become such an important resource that for many it is hard to remember a time before it. There are not many better navigation apps, and certainly none with as many helpful features as Google Maps. Google Maps tells you not only the fastest routes, but also tells you how long it will take you to drive down them and tells you when to turn onto them in real time. Google Maps opens up the entire world to anybody who downloads it. As long as you have battery and a connection, with Google Maps you will never be lost again, no matter where you find yourself ending up.