Waze software is a community-powered mapping and navigation platform that provides commuters with real-time data, information, and road alerts. This platform is a cloud-sourced software that is considered a turn-by-turn navigation tool that enables drivers to receive updates on what is happening on the roads. The software makes it possible for drivers to get real-time updates and alerts on accidents, road closures, alternative routes, expected driving impediments, and police officer sightings. Google purchased Waze software in 2013 although it still maintains its independence from Google Maps due to its social networking aspect and improved interface.
- Some of the distinct features that come with Waze software are
- Live traffic updates from road users: Waze software allows road user to update data on road closures and traffic in real-time.
- This gives other drivers access to live traffic updates for their convenience.
- It gives you access to Plethora voice navigation options.
- Saves commonly used routes: Waze allows users to automatically save their commonly used and favorite routes.
- The applications will be able to remind drivers of saved routes later.
- Features traffic jam time countdown: The traffic jam countdown allows commuters to track the time that they have spent in traffic jams.
- It integrates easily with Spotify: Users of the platform will find it convenient as it can be easily integrated with Spotify.
- Some of the benefits of using Waze software include
- Users get access to real-time traffic updates. This makes the platform more convenient compared to other navigation applications.
- Users get access to live maps and automatic identification of alternative routes.
- It comes with social media integration that allows users to synchronize calendar, contacts, and other social media platforms.
- You will be able to bookmark commuting hours and your favorite routes.
- Users will get notifications of low-cost gas stations that are nearby their routes.
- Some of the limitations of using the platform are
- Users are likely to be annoyed by the pop-up advertisements.
- It is slightly difficult for new users to use the navigation menu.
Waze software is a more improved, accurate, and intuitive platform compared to the ordinary Google Maps. Its usage has been increasing over the years, especially because it is compatible with Android and iOS devices. Users of the platform are able to provide updated information on gas prices, traffic jams, accidents, and road closures that covers even unmapped areas. Those signed to the software will be able to get access to such information from other users of the platform in real-time. Waze platform is convenient for drivers who would wish to find alternative routes to avoid accident spots or traffic jams because it provides real-time updates. The platform alerts a driver of accidents near the areas he or she is driving, allowing him or her to find alternative routes. The platform’s police reporting feature makes it easy for drivers to be watchful of speed limits. This means that drivers using the platform will comply with speed limits while on the highway and avoid getting a ticket for over speeding. The platform allows drivers to navigate through traffic easily by allowing them to go through roundabout routes and residential neighborhoods. This is convenient, especially for drivers on boring, long-distance travels.
Google Maps works fine. What3words works fine Waze appears to work fine, gets my correct location but when I choose a destination it says: "No GPS. Showing approximate location" I also get "waze is connecting to gps" but of course doesn't. This seems to be a common theme with Waze users and there seems no end in sight for a solution. Despite these problems being posted on the Waze forum it seems no one in Waze actually care?