Runtastic offers a series of fitness apps that can be used to track your running, walking, hiking, and cycling, as well as many other fitness routines. Making use of the GPS functionality and other features of your mobile device, Runtastic monitors your distance, speed, heart rate, and much more depending on your workout and which specific Runtastic apps you use. This not only provides you crucial information you need for tracking your progress toward your fitness goals, but it also will motivate you and make exercising more enjoyable. As a casual runner, I started using the Runtastic GPS Running App simply so I could be updated as I run regarding on how far I've gone and how much time has elapsed. The GPS connection always works great, and the visual and auditory information the app provides is clear and straightforward. It's been a huge bonus to me to get information from Runtastic about the rate of my run and the number of calories I've burned. I also particularly enjoy viewing the maps generated that show the routes I've run in different locations, as well as the historical data I'm able to generate about my running over long periods of time. Without question, Runtastic has helped me go from being an inconsistent runner to somebody who now has a regular routine. I now always exceed all of fitness goals thanks to Runtastic! Below is a summary of the pros and cons of Runtastic.
- There are other apps out there that are somewhat similar to Runtastic, including RunKeeper, Stravea, MapMyRun, and Nike+ Running.
- Runtastic compares favorably to all of these, and it has perhaps the easiest to use interface.
- Here are a few key features of Runtastic that are worth highlighting
- It is actually a whole line of fitness apps covering a wide spectrum of workout routines
- Runtastic is heavily data-oriented, providing detailed statistics about your exercise activities
- While it can be used with just your mobile device, Runtastic also offers its own line of hardware, such as heart rate monitors and watches
- Works with all major mobile operating systems
- Plenty of free features for the casual user
- Simple and easy-to-use interface
- Numerous advanced options for fitness aficionados
- I now always exceed all of fitness goals thanks to Runtastic!
- Below is a summary of the Cons
- Downloading multiple apps may be needed depending on your exercise routines
- Some cool advanced features require a version of the app that is not free
- Registering an account is required to use the app and most of its