Smartshot software is an open source platform that allows its users to take screenshots of their devices conveniently. The software was developed as a replacement for Microsoft’s Windows 7 screenshot tool that proved to be inefficient since it came with limited features.
- The platform comes with admirable screen capturing tools such as
- An undo feature: Smartshot comes with a unique undo feature that was not available in the Windows version.
- This makes it easy for those taking screenshots to edit and undo the edits.
- Basic editing tools: Unlike the Windows 7 screen capturing tool that had limited tools, Smartshot software features the basic editing tools including the capacity for users to add arrows, text annotations, adding straight lines, and shapes.
- Image cropping feature: Image cropping is the resizing of an image to meet certain needs.
- Users of the software will enjoy the platform’s inbuilt image cropping feature.
- The software is a small installer of about 715 Kb.
- Users of the software will find its easy installation attractive.
- Users of the platform derive the following benefits from its unique features
- The software is easy to install and use. It can capture and save an image in the PNG format.
- It comes with the undo feature that allows users to undo changes that they have made when editing a screenshot.
- It gives users access to basic editing tools such as shapes, text annotations, and the ability to add arrows.
- The software allows you to save your screenshots in the PNG format.
- Some of the limitations that users of the platform are likely to notice are
- The limited image formats that are available for image output when using the platform might be unattractive to some users.
- Once a screenshot is taken, Smartshot’s editor launches immediately, which some users might find unappealing.
Users can install and use the software quickly without any difficulties. When taking a full desktop screenshot, users will only need to press Shift+PrtScr instead of the Window’s tool that only required users to use PrtScr. The platform makes it even simpler for users because an editor will launch automatically after taking a screenshot. The platform makes it possible for users to capture images of their screens and share them via email. It is an improved screenshot editor that allows users to crop, add custom texts on pictures, and share them easily. When working with Smartshot software, you will also be able to annotate all your pictures using the platform’s essential editing tools. If you want to save your screenshots, the platform allows you to upload images into the cloud and share them or save them to your Google drive, Imgur, or the developer’s own server.