Skitch, an Evernote App, is an innovative photo editing and image manipulation software. Images can be easily edited with all the main photo editing power the software has to offer. These features include the ability to edit a specific website screenshot, rotate, crop, resize, sketch on, and add emoticons to images. The software allows for the simple sharing of the edited images to social media platforms of all types.
- Simplified Image Editing: The software and mobile app allow for the easy editing of images by resizing, rotating, cropping or annotating them as desired.
- Feature-rich Capabilities: There are many advanced features such as grid-cropping, image blurring, filtering, PDF editing and sketching.
- Instant Social Sharing: Images can be shared via a wide array of social media by clicking or tapping on a single button.
- Images and specific social media platforms can be bundled for ease of distribution.
- The Blur Feature: This effect is capable of blurring out various things in images that are not desired. So, a person can take a photo then easily use the blur effect to edit out specific areas of the photo that are not desired.
- Annotations: The photo can be annotated in various ways. Arrows can be added to screenshots of maps, then sent via text. Also, the user can add emoticons or draw text and custom pictures and designs directly onto the images. Filters can also be added to create unique effects.
- PDF editing: PDF files can be edited within the app. There are many times when a PDF needs to be edited for various reasons. There are not many programs that can easily edit PDFs given their unique image properties even though they are a text document.
- Limited Font Selection: Many users have noted that the ability to only use one type of font is a problem when editing photos or images. A similar program, PicPick, has multiple font choices that allow the user to add different feelings and generate specific moods through fonts of different kinds.
- Shape Tool Issues: The ability to use shapes as image additions within the software is very limited and rectangles specifically cannot be edited or sized appropriately. A similar software, LightShot, has a very wide array of tools and shapes to manipulate and create the rectangles, circles, or arrows that you want in your photo.
- Image replacement: When you save an edited image, the software automatically saves the file over the original. A similar software, Screenpresso, allows the user to have a choice in the matter. You can either save the original file or make a copy to keep the original in case you want to edit it in a different way.
Skitch maintains a steady lead above the rest in the “instant and simplified” photo editing software arena. The ability to instantly snap a picture, edit it with various tools at the touch of the fingertips, then upload and share - make this highly desirable in today's world.
Skitch has been an important part of my workflow for years, but now when I use it to capture an area of the screen it freezes the screen that way and I have to restart. I reinstalled and tried different things, but I'm looking for a new program now.