Ghost is a software built to maximize technology use in the future of journalism. It is a blogging platform that allows you to write and publish your thoughts or research. The open source software is not only easy to use but also makes blogging more interesting. Its development aims at enhancing the personal blogging space. Ghost is a well-established platform that has attracted contributions from users, developers, and writers. Its concept is developed with top-notch flexibility and customized to meet all your publishing needs. The ecosystem it runs on is self-sustainable which makes it ideal for you. The concept of building and continually updating this software is not for profit, which explains its great acceptance across the world. Its founder and creator previously worked with WordPress, Nokia, and Virgin Atlanta. This has helped Ghost stay ahead of its competitors because it features developments that the other platforms were lacking. It is built to operate and function just like WP Engine and FlyWheel. Ghost is a fully managed software that simply runs as a service to the users, implying that each site on it appears as a standalone.
- Much can be said about the features of Ghost.
- However, it simply is a writing and publishing platform that is incomparable to WordPress.
- Some of its features include
- It has an interactive interface.
- It incorporates design trends.
- It enhances content consumption.
- Each site on Ghost runs independently: This is actually pleasurable. It means that every user is able to write and publish independently from the others. The input of one user does not affect what the others do on their sites.
- You can literally run "any" code: This enhances its usability as it attracts a large number of users and developers. You can write and publish anything on Ghost.
- Ghost can scale at any point depending on the need to do so.
- Ghost is an open source publishing platform that is somewhat sophisticated compared to other similar software. It, therefore, is a bit expensive to run.
- Ghost Pro does not have any free accounts for the users. This will act as a drawback for the users who are looking to use Ghost and are not willing to pay for it.
- Ghost cannot be easily hosted, a fact that may be a turn down for the users who are beginners and are looking to utilize the platform.
Ghost is easy to use, especially for starters because it only comes with a 1-click set up. It is also an ideal publishing platform for professional users. This is because it allows writers to manage what they do fully. With Ghost, you need not worry about third party coding since each site is independent and the plugins of other users cannot affect what you do. However, there is the problem of Ghost being difficult to host. That notwithstanding, you can still host it if you have the right skills and capability. This may not be essential, however, because you can find a large number of official hosted services that are reliable. While the high cost of the software may put off a number of users, it is imperative to note that most of its users find it worth its price. This is because the software gives them the opportunity to display their creativity in blogging.