Prometheus is a software program that allows you to collect and visualize data more easily. The data that you collect can easily be dissected through the use of Prometheus's easy to use query system. You can also take advantage of Prometheus's client libraries which allow you to take customized approaches to how you want to manage your data. The software also takes advantage of quick and easy local storage that makes saving what you have easier than ever. Prometheus also has an alert system that you can set up that will notify you when things happen to your data that you are trying to monitor.
- Prometheus allows you to easily visualize data that it collects, often in the form of graphs or charts.
- These graphs are easy to follow and show you general trends shown by your data.
- Prometheus uses third party exporters to constantly receive a stream of data that you can analyze.
- Prometheus saves easily and efficiently onto the local disc of your computer, eliminating hassle when trying to access it all later.
- The graphs that Prometheus uses to present your data in are very easy to read and from them there is a lot of information that you can glean off. No matter what kind of data it is that you are looking for, it will be presented to you in the most sensible way possible.
- The alerts that Prometheus sends you come quickly and get the job done. You will always know when something significant is happening to your data.
- The data that Prometheus collects and the forms that it presents it all in are easily and efficiently stored locally on the disc of your computer.
- Because you are getting data from third party exporters, there is a chance that you could be receiving some data that you do not want that could end up tampering with your results and your graphs.
- Sometimes there can be implications of your data that are not shown at first glance on a graph. It may take some more or some deeper analysis to see some of the underlying themes or implications of your data.
- The query system that Prometheus uses is usually very effective, but is by no means perfect. It may take some time to get to know how to use it most efficiently.
Prometheus is a very helpful software program that presents many complex data ideas and issues to you solved in a way that is easy to understand and sift through. The alert system is particularly useful. When there are changes in your data that you need to be alerted of immediately, you can always rely on Prometheus's well trusted system to get the word to you quickly. Another important aspect to note about Prometheus is that a lot of the data is collected through independent third party exporters, which are constantly working to collect the most and most accurate data possible. Once you have all the data that you are going to need, you can use Prometheus's easy to read graphs to quickly interpret it.