CA Flowdock is an open platform online service software that allows for team members to collaboratively work on projects. The open platform allows for teams of people to work within the system through “threading.” This is similar to Facebook feeds or group text messaging, however it enables users to do so much more than simply talk, text, and chat. Team members can video chat as a group or instantly with other team members in the open office space online. This service is provided by CA Technologies that has already set themselves apart in the online workflow software tech space.
- Threading: This specific feature includes rethreading, in-channel messaging, and group messaging.
- Open API tool integration allows for the possibility to integrate team business tools that help everyone collaborative and produce more efficiently.
- Nested Conversations: Flowdock led the field with nested conversations for easy to use communication amongst collaborators.
- This allows for multiple people to have conversations within conversation about specific topics within a thread.
- Monthly subscription service is offered in 3 tiers at very affordable pricing compared to similar products. The pricing is very reasonable and competitive compared to other similar products such as Slack and Telegram. If you have less than 5 team members, then the platform is free for users. The second tier is only $3 per month for each user which offers unlimited flows and endless history. If you want unparalleled interaction, then you can invest in the top tier for only $9 per month for each user.
- Bug-Free and Hassle-Free: When using the platform across multiple devices there are very few bugs that interfere with the interface. This is compared to many people across the internet who complain specifically about Slack and the many bugs that it has.
- Offers Mobile capabilities across all devices including Apple and Android. These features allow for the ability to switch between devices in a seamless manner without skipping a beat.
- Telegram which is a similar collaborative open platform, online collaborative workspace offers better customer support. This is specifically referenced by many online reviews that state this particular advantage of Telegram.
- Advanced search features are limited to alternatives such as Slack. For example, it can be difficult sometimes to keep up to speed with conversations when there is a lot of traffic within the group space.
- While the integration capabilities are above the leading programs in this tech field, other platforms such as Slack offer more API tool integrations.
Many software programs that offer similar services do not have the capabilities that Flowdock possesses. The ability to integrate leading industry standard API team tools into the open platform is becoming an industry standard. The integration of team tools within CA Flowdock seems to be easier than similar platforms. Also, CA Flowdock allows for confidential messaging which is very simple to ‘click and chat.’ So, you can be working within nested conversations and be collaborating with specific individuals and the whole group simultaneously.