Netvibes is a personalized platform for gathering intelligence from news, RSS feeds and other sources. The company behind Netvibes founded in 2005 and has offices in Paris, San Francisco and New York. The company boasts that it "powers personalization" for over 1,000 brands, including government entities, agencies, enterprises and not-for-profits, and serves more than 500 million apps. Notable customers include Nest, Parrot, Journal du Geek, Withings and Net Atmo.
- Create a personalized dashboard to monitor social media, news and other information from the internet
- The software can be customized to work with an unlimited amount of apps for the extreme social user
- Big businesses can use the premium version of the software to access brand monitoring and analyze social media accounts with MisoData.
- All data is automatically saved to the cloud for an unlimited history
- All packages above basic can produce RSS feeds to give to followers and include search functionality to browse data for specific elements
- The basic, personal use version of the software is free, and the VIP version with some enhanced features is just $2 per month and includes unlimited support
- The cost gap between the VIP version and the premium package is enormous. Premium costs $649 per month, making it out of reach for some small businesses who could benefit from its functionality
Make no mistake, there is a lot of information available on the internet, and filtering through all the junk to get the good stuff can be a hassle. According to Netvibes, those days are over. The software is offered in three packages for various uses. The basic version is for personal use and can be used to create a custom experience for browsing social media, current events and other data. The VIP package is designed for hobby bloggers or very small businesses and includes functionality to engage followers on social platforms. Finally, the premium software is for serious businesses and can be used for metrics analysis and keeping the reigns on social presence. An even more enhanced version that is listed "For Teams" is available for pricing on request and includes advanced technology for becoming a social god.
I have been using it years (after great iGoogle discontinued), you can drag-drop rss feeds and arrange freely to tiles at one screen. You can put text notes (access them from different places), sadly g-mail reader is struggling with problems several...all the time I joined. Not sure if a payed account have better support, unfortunatelly I cannot found any similar alterlative with these described functions. Eventionally I may stop using from Netvibes, without replacement.