Express.js is a web framework for Node.js that was inspired by Sinatra. It was created and released under the MIT license by T.J. Holowaychuk, StrongLoop and other contributors in November, 2010, and is currently on its fourth version. Express.js is similar to Meteor and Socket.IO. The rights to the software were acquired in 2014 by StrongLoop, which was then bought by IBM in September, 2015.
- Create websites with this Node.
- It's a popular, open source website building tool, and many software libraries have been built from it, such as the following
- Feathers: Fast prototype and app maker
- ItemsAPI: Searches for applications built with ElasticSearch or Express.
- KeystoneJS: Framework that includes an automatic admin UI with React.
- Kraken: Scalable extension for Express for certain applications
- LoopBack: Open source REST API creator
- Free and open source, and the code is available for browsing, forking and contribution on GitHub
- Created under the Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike 3.0 United States License
- Professional translations for Spanish, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Korean