Morpheus is integration software designed to help major cloud infrastructure work in harmony. For example, if a company has assets on both Google's and Amazon's cloud services, Morpheus helps bridge the gap to improve productivity.
- Cross-software integration
- Provides a single framework for multiple private and public cloud services
- Increases productivity for firms that use many different service providers and software
- Huge amount of helpful documentation and media resource center
- Predictive analytics help companies decide which platforms and services are worth their money
- Morpheus is currently supported on Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 16.04, CentOS 7.0 or newer and RHEL 7.0 or newer hosts. This limitation means no Windows or Mac servers, for now
- Smaller businesses may find no use for the robust connectivity if most assets are on a single cloud provider or software
- Prices are higher than the average person's salary and are quite out of reach for some small businesses
Morpheus Data, LLC., boasts that its software, Morpheus, can reduce development costs by 30 percent and allow build deployment up to 100 times faster. The software accomplishes this through "Unified Ops Orchestration," which provides a framework that exists across multiple layers of development, including public and private clouds and various forms of development and operational software. It's like a meeting place for dozens of services and software to help the different applications communicate better. Getting started requires a little bit of Linux operating system knowledge, and plenty of documentation can be found on their website at docs.morpheusdata.com/en/3.1.3/. If that's not enough, there's also a section containing detailed turorials and web seminars at morpheusdata.com/resource-center. Part of what makes Morpheus special is its ability to help companies decide which services are worth their money. By using advanced cost analytics, Morpheus gives feedback on which services are draining cash and which ones are a worthy investment. Make no mistake, Morpheus is a big, powerful tool designed for big, powerful businesses that are ready to take on the global stage. The pricing starts at a whopping $25,000, and that's for the smallest package available.