Format Factory is software that allows the user to convert media into various file formats. The software is a product of PC Free Time, a Chinese software development company. The company is responsible for two other works: Picosmos Tools, which is used for creating and editing images, and Picosmos Shows, which creates slideshows for viewing an image collection across multiple devices.
- Supports Watermark, RMVB and AV Mux standards
- Repair damaged video and audio files with built-in tools
- Compress and decrease multimedia file sizes for easier storage and backup
- Updated and maintained regularly. The latest version, 188.8.131.52, was released in March, 2018
- Supports a whopping 62 languages
- The software is completely free to download and use, even for commercial uses (as long as no modifications are made to the program)
- Only available for Microsoft Windows operating systems
- There are probably more powerful conversion tools on the market
- User interface has the aesthetic of a program from 15 years ago
Not all video and audio file formats are created equally, which can be quite a hassle for those who are building collections or trying to put together a video montage. Thankfully, there's software out there that can help make file type conversions easy, like Format Factory. This software allows the user to covert video files to MP4, 3GP, MPG, AVI, WMV, FLV and SWF. Audio files can be converted to MP3, WMA, AMR, OGG, AAC and WAV. Finally, image files can be converted to JPG, BMP, PNG, TIF, ICO, GIF and TGA. The software also has the ability to RIP DVDs to any of the above video file formats, and audio CDs can be ripped to any of the aforementioned audio file formats. The software's MP4 files can be played on iPod, PSP, iPhone and BlackBerry devices. The program's user interface is simple and has big, easy to read buttons so even novice computer users can understand it. The total download size for the software is 51 megabytes and it can be downloaded on the PcFreeTime site, Download.com, Chip Pick, Clubic, Malavida or BT Download.
file manager crash when format factory is installed