Nucleo is a service and app that allows a user to browse a library of over 23, 000 icons. The product is developed by Amber Creative Lab Ltd., which is currently based on Paul Street in London, United Kingdom.
- Create projects using a vast library of graphic icons, complete with source files
- Usable on desktop or web app
- Icons can be dragged and dropped from the Nucleo app into many popular graphic design prorams
- Icons can be organized in personal categories for ease of use in later projects
- Icons can be customized with a suite of artistic tools, changing their colors, thickness, background, frame and more
- Export icons into a variety of formats, including SVG, PNG, PDF, Icon Font and JSON
- Advanced search features to help find the perfect icons
- Yearly plans can be upgraded to an unlimited plan at any time from a user's account page on the Nucleo website. The user must pay the price difference between the current plan and the upgrade plan
- Nucleo can be used in an unlimited amount of projects, personal or commercial, for the user or for clients
- The app can only be installed on up to two devices (devices can be deactivated on a user's account page)
- There's a maximum of 250 icons that can be used per project
- Using Nucleo heavily in a project that will be sold appears to require the pricey extended license ($2,499)
- No mobile device support
One-time pricing is $99 for an individual and includes all 23,000 icons and lifetime updates when more icons are added. It also includes SVG source files. A team purchase is also available at $249 for five users, $349 for 10 users, $599 for 20 users and $999 for 50 users. The team plan also includes the ability to sync projects in DropBox and a unique team management system. Special extended licenses are available for those who want up to 500 unique icons per project instead of the default 250, and the extended license is a requirement if a client wants to use Nucleo's icons in something that is offered for sale where Nucleo "contributes to the core value of the product being sold/shared." It includes other benefits and limitations and costs $2,499. Downloading and using the product on a desktop requires Windows 7+ or Mac OS X 10.9+.