A straightforward, high performance application that enables users to capture a portion of the desktop and save it to . GIF or . LCF, LICEcap is available for download as a GPL free software.
- LICEcap allows users to start and stop recording at any time and offers an additional option to insert text messages.
- It is possible to adjust the screen capture frame during recording.
- The maximum recording frame rate is adjustable, which allows users to control the level of CPU usage.
- The title frame is basic and need not include text.
- All mouse button presses are recordable.
- The elapsed time of the recording is readily displayed on screen.
- The application includes a global hot key (shift+space) that enables users to switch quickly between one feature and another.
- It is possible to play back .
- Simple to use
- Launches almost immediately
- Enables users to insert text
- Impossible to start work on selected area until recording commences
- Lacks editing capabilities
- Old-fashioned icon and presentation
- Not as robust as some of its competitors
- Too minimalistic
LICEcap is an efficient, user-friendly software that takes mere minutes to set up. It provides users with an outstanding screen-capture tool that allows them to cut selected portions of the desktop, which they can then embed into websites or utilize to create screencasts. These animated screenshots make excellent visual instructional tools that facilitate the work of development teams.