Brightpod is a project management and task management tool that enables your team to effectively collaborate on your projects.
- Brightpod is a web-based application, so there is nothing to install.
- All that is required is a modern browser and an Internet connection.
- Workflows enable you to create projects quickly and apply common milestones to the new project.
- Budget and track time by project.
- There is an option to log time as billable or non-billable, and there is a built-in timer to simplify tracking how you are spending your time.
- Insights" (reports) provide a way of getting information about your pods.
- You can see when tasks and milestones were added or changed, when time was entered, and upcoming and overdue tasks for your team or pod.
- The file and assent management tools provide a location where team members can put the files associated with a project.
- Brightpod has an intuitive, easy-to-use interface with drag and drop functionality throughout.
- All the common features associated with project management are available in Brightpod, such as milestones, tasks, time tracking, consolidated file storage and much more.
- The unified calendar provides a birds-eye view of the upcoming tasks and milestones, and the straight-forward color coding makes it easy to see what is coming due and what is overdue.
- Flat fee-based pricing with unlimited users makes the cost of the software predictable.
- Although it may work for all project types, all the information on the web site is very focused on marketing and web design teams and projects.
- The included workflow are all related to social media, marketing and web design.
- Experienced project managers may find features lacking. For example, some common project management concepts, such as Work Breakdown Structures, aren't readily identifiable in the available documentation.
- The storage limits imposed on some of the smaller plans may be easily exceeded by a large number of files or attachments.
In Brightpod, a project is a "pod". Brightpod has all the basic features you would normally associate with a project management tool. You can set milestones, manage tasks and track activities. You can assign members to tasks or activities, and easily see upcoming and overdue tasks. There is a unified calendar that enables you and your team to plan activities across all your pods. One nice time saver is workflows, which are pre-built task lists that provide structure for common project types. There are several workflows that come standard with Brightpod. If you have a common workflow for your projects, you can create and save your own, custom workflows to simplify future project setup. There are tools in Brightpod to help you manage your and your teams time more effectively. There is a "Me page" that serves as a starting point for your daily activities and helps you to set up a daily priority list. Pricing is a flat fee which includes unlimited users. The various levels of pricing are based on the number of projects and amount of storage space you need.