Quip is a software program that allows for businesses to create "quip" documents that act as a spreadsheet or centralized data hub. Quip documents are very flexible and can get a lot of information out to large groups of people at once. They are highly collaborative and great for use with large teams of employees. Quips can be outfitted with text, charts, graphs, spreadsheets, and much more. The purpose of a Quip document is to give one centralized place where members of a company can come together to share and work on data and its analysis. Quips cut meeting times by as much as 38% according to their website.
- Quips allow for a high level of collaboration.
- Several workers can access a Quip at any given time.
- Quip allows you to put all sorts of visual representations of data onto one sheet together.
- You can have charts, graphs, spreadsheets, text, and much more all on one sheet.
- Because you can access all of this data from your Quip, Quips can easily become the centralized hub from which you conduct a lot of your business, depending on your industry.
- Quips are highly collaborative and can be worked on or viewed by multiple people at once. This makes it possible to cover the amount of ground you would in a full meeting remotely over Quip.
- There is a lot of information that can go onto a Quip. You can utilize things like spreadsheets, pie charts, and everything in between.
- Quips increase productivity by about 46%. When your productivity goes up, so does your profitability, and in the end Quips are more often than not an investment that is worth it.
- There are many things that you could get done in a meeting in person that you cannot over a Quip. For example, while Quips are collaborative, there is less of a social aspect to Quips and meeting someone over a Quip would not be a good beginning to a business relationship.
- Quips can tend to get cluttered with information if you have too many people working on or viewing them all at one time.
- There are already certain software programs that provide some of the features that Quips provides, although it is still nice to have them all in one place.
Quips are very useful documents to have around in all sorts of workplaces. The make data sharing and analysis easier than just about ever before. Meetings take much less time when using Quips, and in fact often do not need to take place at all. Quips are so easy to use and collaborative that oftentimes you can use a Quip document in place of a meeting. In fact, Quips are often superior to full meetings because they give you one centralized place to work on and from and can be continued to be worked on later. While Quips are not completely unique in that many of their features can be found on other software programs, it is very helpful to have one place that has all of the features and can be used by multiple people at once.