Windows Movie Maker
Windows Movie Maker is an editing program provided by Microsoft in its Windows Essentials software suite. This program allows you to edit videos and publish them wherever you would like.
- Unfortunately for any users looking for an editing software that supports a more custom editing experience, Windows Movie Maker is not the one.
- Within Movie Maker you can not color grade your footage, add overlays, add keyframes, and many other features that you would be able to include in other types of video editing software.
- While the software does have a few transition effects to smoothly introduce new clips and a few fun text animations, this software simply does not support extremely creative projects.
- Drag and Drop photos and videos
- Record audio over your project
- Add titles, captions, and credits
- Basic effects are included
- Very simple to use
- This program was designed to be extremely user-friendly. Compared to other video editing software that requires weeks to completely learn how to navigate, you can get your video edited and exported within an hour with Movie Maker.
- Free for Windows Users
- Windows Movie Maker comes pre-installed onto your windows computer and using the software is completely free. This adds just adds another layer of ease while creating your video project.
- Share your Video
- Windows Movie Maker has many different options to help you share your finished project. You can put the video onto a DVD or flash drive, upload directly to a supported list of social media platforms or save your video as a .
- Basic Editing
Using this software is very easy for people who don't have much experience with editing videos. Movie Maker can only complete simple editing tasks and is not designed for people wanting to create highly customized videos. The software does, however, have quite a few templates that make it great for putting together basic videos.