Grammarly is a real-time grammar and spelling checker that also checks basic punctuation errors. Using a highly-functional design, you can check a document for grammar and spelling errors, and the software will offer you suggestions on style changes in real time. The software also allows you to select a specific genre of writing to edit, such a business, casual or academic writing. Grammarly does offer a free version that you can use to check your documents for basic writing errors. However, you do not have access to some of the more advanced features unless you upgrade to the paid version (known as Grammarly Premium). The software can help your writing, but it is expensive. As of this writing, the paid version will cost you 29.95/month. Grammarly does offer a quarterly plan that requires you to pay a one-time fee of $59.95, and you can choose an annual plan that costs $139.95 billed as one payment. Grammarly
- Grammarly will underline your documents critical mistakes in red.
- Basic spelling and grammar issues are identified by the software as critical mistakes.
- Mid-level grammar mistakes, such as dangling modifiers or forgetting to put a comma between two independent clauses, are known as advanced issues and are underline in yellow.
- Unfortunately, you must buy the premium version to see the advanced issues.
- Along the left side of the platform's main page, you will see simple icons that include all of Grammarly's functions.
- The software also has a settings section that will help you fine-tune the editing.
- You also gain access to a plagiarism checker, a word count function, an error count and an overall score based on all of the factors that go into editing your documents.
- The spelling and grammar checkers are fast and accurate
- Easy-to-use with a simple interface
- Premium version offers a wide range of tools that help writing
- Helps with contextual issues and expression mistakes
- Easily integrates with most word processors
- Free version of Grammarly is limited in what it can edit
- Grammarly Premium is very expensive
- No support for Google Docs or Office on a Mac
- No offline editing
- Other Grammarly