DESCRIBING THIS TYPE OF APP: The additional bandwidth provided by today's internet infrastructure has allowed remote meeting software to be an everyday reality. Gone are the days of catching a flight just to have a table-based conversation with somebody else that lives far away. This technology is used for everything from business meetings to job interviews. Employee training is another area that can really take advantage of such software. This is where the GoToMeeting app comes into play. HOW DOES IT WORK? An end user logs in and, can either join a meeting or create an invitation to his own original meeting. All users that accept the invitation link can now use their mobile devices to video chat with each another! A full-fledged video conference is now occurring, but on your mobile device! The idea is exciting indeed. This type of software, as previously mentioned, can serve many purposes. Outside of the aforementioned uses, it seems like the world of academia and social video calling could benefit a great deal as well. More and more IT professionals are starting to use these tools to showcase troubleshooting schemes that watching users might be able to emulate! This is truly the type of software that a user could think of endless uses for if they take a moment to think outside the box. HOW ABOUT A REVIEW? Well, there are plenty of options, but this one was the original. WebEX Meeting Center, by Cisco, is the app's main competitor. Skype seems to be the social niche option that gets used for business enough to compete with GoTo. Ironically, our app here gets deep enough into the social calling niche to make Skype pay attention! Because of such niche crossing, these options are all quite versatile and compete well to serve the needs of a huge variety of end users. GoTo sneaks ahead, however. An entire suite of segregated app products makes our star shine the brightest out of the whole bunch. It's tough for any GoTo product not to win. One important note to make is that GoTo has an entire line of options. While no discount is offered for bundling purchases, all apps work in a similar fashion. This makes staying within the product line of great interest to the average user who might be worried about multiple learning curves and their time-consuming nature. As far as performance goes, it works great and is easy to use. No credit card is required to begin the software trial either. This is becoming more common, but important to mention nonetheless.
- The ability to password protect any meeting that an end user creates.
- A feature that allows the end users to make drawings and share them during a video conference.
- A wide support for worldwide languages.
- A suite of other options that serve similar purposes (i.
- GoToWebinar and GoToTraining and etc.
- These options all work similarly as well (i.
- A, "One Click Meeting," button that integrates with a number of third-party software options (i.
- MS Office and similar apps.
- Easy to establish a new meeting (even true for beginners.)
- Ability to give virtual conference room its own custom URL address.
- Great video quality and speed offered.
- No credit card required to get started.
- As far as performance goes, it works great and is easy to use. No credit card is required to begin the software trial either. This is becoming more common, but important to mention nonetheless.
- The app doesn't include certain advanced meeting options that PC users enjoy (i.e. creating a poll.)
- The ability to record a video call is not offered to the end user.
- More cost-effective options have come along.