ClouDNS provides cloud-based domain name services (DNS) for webmasters that have to manage multiple domains. They also offer distributed denial of service (DDoS) protection, secure socket layer (SSL) certificates, and domain services.
- Professional DNS services, with the convenience of the cloud
- Up to 10,000 uptime SLA
- Any type of DNS customization imaginable
- Free tier, for the purposes of trying out the services
- Inexpensive SSL certificates and domain names
- Excellent customer support
- Fast and affordable cloud-based DNS services
- Dependable servers
- Good auxiliary services, such as SSL certificates and domain names
- Free service level very limiting
- Interface can be confusing for beginners
- No recurring billing for monthly plans
CloudDNS is an industry leader in providing state-of-the-art DNS services. While their free service level can be limiting (for example, it provides no time-to-live (TTL) functionality), its Premium DNS services — which include everything most webmasters would require — start at only $2 per month, and its DDoS Protected DNS services start at less than $5 per month. They also offer, at an affordable price, multiple geolocation plans, as well as entirely customized DNS plans. But keep in mind that there is no mechanism for recurring payments. The prices of its other services are also fairly priced. In terms of quality and speed and ease of use, ClouDNS cannot be beat. There is nothing you can't accomplish using it, and accomplish well. It supports every type of DNS record imaginable, and they have support for web redirection, mail forwarding and load balancing. ClouDNS has long be recognized for providing excellent customer support. This includes pretty much 100% uptimes. The only small negative is that the interface may be a little difficult to use if you are not familiar with DNS.