Optimizely is a software as a service (SaaS) solution for optimizing mobile and desktop web applications. Developers and marketing professionals alike can use the software to perform A/B testing of an application, where two versions of the same application can be compared against each other.
- Terrific A/B testing tools
- Support for both mobile and desktop web applications
- Allows developers to easily experiment with new features
- Excellent customer support
- Easy to set up and use, with a very small learning curve
- Useful and easy to understand analytics
- Competitively priced
- A somewhat heavy user interface
- The reporting tools lacks depth
- Needs better integration with important third-party tools
700 billion application instances can't be wrong. That is how many application experiments that have run on the Optimizely platform since its inception, for both big and small companies. It has become the industry standard for testing web applications. Whether you are a developer testing a new feature or a marketer testing a new advertising strategy, you will find Optimizely not only useful but an almost necessary component of your workflow. Among its many positives is its ease of use. Regardless of level of expertise, users will feel at once comfortable using its interface, and its overall learning curve is small. Its analytics can also be easily understood. Best of all, Optimizely comes with some of the best customer support in the software industry. Whatever your problem may be, you can count on them to resolve it. Finally, Optimizely is very competitively priced, especially for what it offers. On the downside, the Optimizely UI is a little on the heavy side, and its reporting tools could have greater depth. It could also stand to improve its integration with important third-party tools such as Google Analytics.