DotConnect for Oracle
DotConnect for Oracle, formerly known as OraDirect .NET, is an object relational mapping enabled data provider for developing database applications for Oracle. The company behind dotConnect is Devart, which founded in 1997 and has produced dozens of software titles for countless applications, such as SQL Server, MySQL, SSMS and PostgreSQL. They've also produced ADO.NET providers for databases and clouds, ODBC drivers for databases and clouds, SSIS data flow components, Excel Add-ins for databases and could apps, Delphi data access components, dbExpress drivers, and other tools and ORM solutions.
- Comprehensive database application building software
- Includes a bundled visual designer for all ORM models called Entity Developer
- Supports ADO.
- NET Entity Framework, LinqConnect and NHibernate
- Direct Mode, which allows a client's application to work with an Oracle instance directly via TCP/IP with no Oracle Client needed
- Implements ASP.
- Session, Role, Membership, State, Site Map, Profile and other 2.
- Enables BIS compatibility to export and import data to and from Oracle servers
- Discounts are available for Oracle Ace Program members and for those who spread the word about dotConnect by sharing links
- Includes a 30 day trial period
- Quite pricey for small businesses, with the most basic package starting at $150 for a single user. A team license supports up to four developers and costs $350, and a site version (this is all just for the least powerful version of the software) costs a cool $1,000
Businesses that develop database applications can benefit greatly from the experience and quality offered by Devart's dotConnect for Oracle. It offers high performance and built-in connectivity to the Oracle database, as well as numerous development tools and techniques. It supports plenty of Oracle features, like advanced queuing, pipes, alerts, change notifications, direct path loading, ref cursors, transparent application failover, packages and objects. dotConnect also provides a large amount of GUI tools to aid in productivity. It integrates directly into Visual Studio Server Explorer and can provide enhanced visual component editors to allow simplified component tweaking. The software also includes a set of DataSet tools for easy creation and editing of untyped and typed DataSets.