CMDBuild is a web enterprise environment designed for asset and database management. It's a favorite among enterprises that need an advanced and secure organization solution for a great deal of files and applications. CMDBuild is a product of Tecnoteca, an Italian IT development firm that founded in 2000. Another product they offer is openMAINT, which is designed specifically for property and facility management. The company also claims to develop web and mobile apps for customers based on their needs, and they have experience with the Plone framework and can offer technical support.
- Available in more than 20 languages
- Secure and free database and asset management
- Open source technology allows room for extensive modification to suit the needs of different businesses
- Pay-per-use support options are available to save costs
- Remote training is offered for new users of the service
- The software itself is free
- Installation requires extensive knowledge of enterprise applications, and novice users might be forced to pay for support from Tecnoteca
Growing businesses and established enterprises are sometimes the most vulnerable types of companies, due largely to their visibility. This means administrators must take special care to ensure that the company's assets and data are secure, but also accessible. That's where Tecnoteca's CMDBuild comes in, which is designed to provide a streamlined database management environment with special features to ensure that productivity remains unaffected by data migration and advanced security protocols. CMDBuild is open source technology that relies on some of the more advanced open source plug-ins available. Most of their customers are Italian companies, but they cater to the entire world. Since the installation of CMDBuild can be daunting, the company offers a suite of "READY2USE" packages that are preconfigured for various business types. Other customers might have to engage with Tecnoteca to complete their installation, and the company offers nearly 100 hours of training sessions online. After that, there are support packages available for either a subscription fee or as a pay-as-you-go option. After any training, the company offers a final examination to establish that the customer is certified in the CMDBuild software.