Igloo is a piece of software designed to be a hub for businesses. It provides several easy to use features that make managing a business easier. High level company employees can maintain things like microblogs and control flow of information so that they know that their workforce will always be up to date on the company's latest information.
- Igloo features blogs and several other blog-like options that allow companies to state their positions and spread information throughout their workforce.
- Calendar features make it easy for companies to plan out their schedules ahead of time and make them known to their employees.
- File sharing allows for easy collaboration between employees, while features like forums allow for greater discussion to take place.
- Both of these features make it easier for businesses to connect employees.
- Igloo is an easy to use website that companies will have very little trouble trying to navigate. While it is complex, it is laid out in such a way that first time users will generally not have many problems trying to use it.
- Blogs, microblogs, and forums all allow companies to spread information to their employees easily and directly.
- Wikis and search functions make it easier for individuals to find out more information about your company on their own.
- It can be easy for companies to put their feet in their mouths when writing things online. Tone-deaf blog posts can break entire careers, and PR generally should be handled with a lot of care.
- Microblogs and some other aspects of the website can be kind of redundant. Some people may not see the point in reading a miniblog when full blog posts are available.
- Calendars can be misleading as events can change rapidly in an ever-changing business world.
Igloo is an incredibly helpful website for businesses trying to find a single hub to manage themselves from. There are countless features to the software that make management simple. Blogs are one of the easier things to use. While not everyone loves sitting down and reading a corporate blog, blogs are great ways for people higher up in companies to get information spread down to lower levels. Microblogs work similarly, and are also very helpful in spreading information. Wikis provide hubs from which employees and clients alike can search through your products and services on their own. If you are wanting to get feedback and ideas from your employees, forums are very useful, and available through the software. Employees very much enjoy being able to give their two-cents. All in all, I found Igloo to be an incredibly helpful piece of software for businesses trying to find one online hub to manage themselves with.