BigPanda is essentially a data management firm that helps businesses to manage their IT incidents so that they can accurately determine what the underlying issue is, rather than wasting valuable resources on the wrong diagnosis. By incorporating data science methodologies into their programs, BigPanda is able to help its customers reduce the clutter surrounding their operations and get straight to the point. It's hoped that by directly addressing inefficiencies in the industry, BigPanda will be able to help IT teams focus their time more effectively on the real issues that are plaguing their company. By aggregating all of this data together, and then using highly sophisticated algorithms to pierce through all of the white noise, BigPanda is able to pinpoint the real issue surrounding IT incidents.
- Utilizes data science methodologies to streamline the response process for IT incidents.
- Centralizes and correlates a massive volume of IT alerts.
- Integrates collaboration features from other programs in order to seamlessly manage and update IT tickets.
- Offers 24/7 online customer service support.
- Introduces a new algorithmic approach to IT incident management.
- Can be customized to address specific enterprise concerns.
- Some issues with alerts not being properly handled.
- Fairly expensive given the relative size of the developer and the scale of their operation.
While there's no question that BigPanda does exactly what it claims to, there are a few underlying issues that are worth mentioning. For one thing, BigPanda is fairly expensive for what it others, and this is compounded by the fact that BigPanda is a much smaller firm than many of its competitors. BigPanda does offer a free trial version of their services, as well as a free "lite" version of their main service, but the price quickly escalates beyond this. For very small companies, BigPanda's services can potentially be quite useful. If your company hasn't scaled appropriately though, or has crossed BigPanda's threshold for a free account, then you can expect to pay a considerable amount of money to continue using their services. Although BigPanda's primary service is effective most of the time, that doesn't necessarily mean it's without fail. Users have reported instances where BigPanda failed to filter out alerts appropriately, as well as times when it didn't return the proper call when requested. Although this isn't the most common experience, it's still worth noting before you make any kind of significant investment into the program. Despite this, BigPanda's methodology has proven to be a useful tool for many businesses and will likely only continue to become more efficient as the methodology is refined.