Urban Airship is a customer engagement platform that is designed to use multiple channels to increase retention and sales. Notable companies that use this software include AccuWeather, Adidas, Alaska Airlines, Bankinter, Carlson Rezido, Caesars Entertainment, France Television, The Home Depot, Jet Airways, NBC News, News UK, PayTM, Redbox, Regal Cinemas, Ship Direct, Showtime, Sky, Starwood Hotels and Resorts, univision, The United States Tennis Association, The Wall Street Journal, William Hill and Zillow, among hundreds of others.
- This software can engage customers during every step of their experience with a client's brand
- Mobile App Engagement: Urban Airship utilizes push notification to send important messages directly to the customer as they are browsing a website on a mobile device.
- It also includes functionality for the customer to engage in conversation with a representative right on the screen
- There's plenty of documentation and resources, including software development kits, code libraries and API reference, available in
- A starting plan that handles up to 1,000 users is free, with limited functionality
- More advanced packages are reasonably priced, ranging between $99 and $349 per month
- Businesses should be careful not to overwhelm the customer and scare them off, as this service has an incredible amount of power
Customer retention, satisfaction and sales - modernly known as Customer Relationship Management or CRM - is the hottest topic when it comes to turning a dead business into the next big thing. Hundreds of software solutions have popped up in the last decade to help companies manage CRM, and the choices can be overwhelming. Urban Airship has set itself apart by taking an ultra personal approach to business-customer correspondence. A representative can view customers currently investigating the brand and interact with them either by automation or when the time is right. The rep, who becomes sort of a digital concierge, has access to a message center program to keep track of all ongoing correspondence with customers and an analytics dashboard on their mobile device to keep abreast of important data. Savvy programmers can use Urban Airship's API to create custom software that can personalize the customer's experience.