Xero is advanced accounting software designed specifically for small businesses. Xero Limited, the company behind the software, was founded in New Zealand in 2006. Xero is a direct competitor to QuickBooks, Microsoft Dynamics GP and similar software. Forbes named Xero as the World's Most Innovative Growth Company in 2014 and 2015, and the software currently has over 1.2 million subscribers.
- All-purpose accounting software for any business
- Enormous Insightly CRM, Square, Stripe, PayPal and hundreds more
- Available on mobile and desktop devices
- Invoices can easily be customized using templates or advanced tools to add a personal touch
- Reminders can be scheduled for sending invoices and payment notifications are updated in real time
- Advanced security features to protect a company's money
- Functionality for bulk and repeating invoices, as well as sending invoices from a mobile device
- Includes all features and unlimited users
- Most affordable plan in $9 per month
- Great alternative to big name accounting software
- Businesses who use multiple currencies or need to create a payroll will find themselves having to pay up to eight times the basic plan's fee for this functionality
Crunching numbers and keeping track of money is an inevitable task of any business. The age of computers has certainly sped up this process, but not all software is suited for every company's needs. Xero aims to change all that by offering an enormous amount of customizable features designed to cater to any business. It's basically the Swiss army knife of accounting software with more of a focus on cloud accounting than its major competitors. Besides the usual functionality of bookkeeping and invoicing, the software includes an advanced inventory manager to keep track of stock and capital. Built-in analytics allows the user to see which product lines are the most profitable and which ones need a kick in the assets. Old inventory that was tracked on a spreadsheet can be easily imported in bulk. Photos can even be attached to inventory items to keep from getting lost in an endless sea of SKU codes.