Google Voice is a service that offers many features to your existing phones. This service is mostly used to provide a single phone number that allows people to reach you on all of your devices.
- Unite your devices with a single phone number provided by Google
- Voice to text voicemail transcriptions
- The service is free and open to everyone
- Free calls to the US and fair prices for international calling
- Easy to block unwanted callers
- Manage voicemails online
- Unite your Devices
- By using Google Voice you can give all of your phones a single phone number for others to contact you on. With the help of this program, you will never miss a phone call no matter which device you have with you at the moment.
- Smarter Call Forwarding
- Call forwarding using Google Voice is simple and efficient, with many great features included. For example, you can set up guidelines for how you would like your calls routed. If you would like to have calls received before 3:00 pm sent to your work phone for example, and calls after you clock out sent over to your cell phone, Google Voice provides you the tools to do that.
- Google Voice Assigns you a Number
- You can not port your existing phone number over to Google Voice. As a result, anyone who wants to reach you will be using a different number than they are used to.
- Voicemails may only be 60 seconds long.
- This may propose an issue for slow speakers or callers who have a lot of information they need to tell you.
With this service, you can provide a single point of contact for up to six devices. Google Voice allows you to make outgoing calls to US numbers for free which is definitely very useful for many users. On top of that, you can also make international calls at some of the lowest rates seen across the board. Using this program also allows you to add many features to your phone that your current phone carrier may be charging for. Features such as call conferences, voicemail transcription, and even blocking other phone numbers.