Writer is a mobile app on Google Play featuring the idea of surpassing the complicated interfaces of other traditional word processors. It encourages the use of taking notes or writing whatever it is you may desire on your phone or tablet.
- Writer allows for easy, custom titles through the process of saving your document.
- You can title everything so as not to get lost in Doc 1, Doc 2, Doc 3 etc.
- The app also features menus that are easy to access.
- They offer an organized and sleek look to the already very unique Writer app.
- Lastly, users will not be disappointed with the different text, header, and letter size offerings that the app has to offer.
- The greatest advantage to this app is that it is very simple and basic to use. There's no fuss or alternative distractions as with a traditional word processing app.
- The app is very user-friendly and easy to use. Its simplicity allows for easy note-taking, blurbs, and on-the-spot statistics applicable to any user.
- Documents can be saved directly to your SD card, so it can be with you at all times! You can also easily transfer it to online drives, share it through email, etc.
- Due to its basic and simple processing outlook, it may not be what every user is looking for. You can't get the sleek look or unique designs that you might be able to get from traditional word processors.
- While the app may be very user-friendly, it can create complications on non-traditional tablets and phones. This includes Nooks, Kindles, etc.
- As with all things, SD cards are corruptable and you or your device may accidentally delete documents that you wanted to save and build on later. Always be sure to have an alternate storage option next to your primary storage.
With a 4.1 star rating on Google Play, users appear to have mixed feelings about the app's operation ability. The app appears to be favored, however, with over 8,000 five star reviews, as compared to just over 1,000 one star reviews. One five star reviewer indicates that the app is great and underrated, while another reports trouble with the interface on her Nook. Much of the app's criticism comes from the limited amount of storage since it uses space on the device's SD card. All in all, it has great reviews and appears to be an app that anyone can use, even with some problems here and there. As with every software, there are always pros and cons. Each may prove to steer the user in either a positive or negative direction.