Freedom is an internet and app blocking service. Clients have complete control over what domain gets blocked, when, and how often. After gaining an enormous international audience over the past seven years, this program proves itself credible. It targets productivity and efficiency in business or casual workplaces. The end goal is to improve these and increase focus. Freedom is marketed towards students, businesspersons, and creators who need a bit of assistance effectively getting work done; it’s a rather unique idea with a positive outcome. Projects are completed with more concentration and the content is, as a result, higher quality.
- Block-lists are customizable.
- Preset lists are available directly from the site itself, or the user can make their own unlimited amount.
- The program syncs block-lists across all IOS, Mac, and Windows devices.
- Advance scheduling creates blocks in advance that start at the assigned time.
- Recurring blocks can even be scheduled to support production.
- The app blocks anything from the entire internet, to singular websites, to smartphone apps on IOS or Windows - certainly a wide range of coverage.
- Locked mode allows users to lock a blocked session, therefore completely stopping any diversions. These sessions feature a few tools as well; such as a timer and locking individual sessions.
- Cutting off disturbances and putting a spotlight on essential work enhances overall work ethic. Not to mention, this cultivates good habits like eliminating reliance on machinery and encouraging determination to reach goals.
- This service is not available for Android devices. Unfortunately, this neglects a multitude of possible consumers. There is currently no news of extending into the market.
- Despite its title, the software is not free. With monthly, yearly, and forever subscriptions listed they do give buyers a choice at least. Every payment includes a sixty  day money-back guarantee.
- Accompanying the arrival of pay as you go systems, there is always a free trial. Freedom’s demonstration period presents seven blocking sessions, of which have limited conveniences.
Being an app that offers such a specific function, Freedom is notably useful for a variety of crowds. It helps to center one’s attention to the present work. From research papers to spreadsheets, the app serves its purpose wonderfully. Though it spotlights school and work, it has the potential to aid every-day life. Take a moment from the millions of voices on TV or the internet and enjoy the simple things life without technology has to offer. Blocking certain common distractions is an adequate solution to time management and a lack of downtime. The name says it all – Freedom.
I installed this on Windows because I wanted to block some apps and entertainment channels on YouTube while I work. When you go to block apps there is a limited list you can choose from, you cannot browse to block the apps you want to, so I wasn't able to block Line. I blocked Skype and Outlook. Blocking Skype worked but I was still able to open Outlook. I went to block entertainment channels in YouTube but this isn't possible. You either block YouTube completely or don't. I need access to see tutorials while I'm working. So basically the software is completely useless and I've uninstalled it.