VLC Media Player
Have you ever wanted to play a media file of some sort on your computer, phone, or tablet, but to your dismay, the default players just don't seem to cut it? VLC by Videolan is sure to solve your problems! VLC is one of the greatest choices for playing basically ANY media file format. You would be hard pressed to find a video, music, or even image file that can't be opened by VLC. I have sworn by VLC player for MANY years. It is always one of the first things I install on a new computer, right after security software. As a frequent downloader of videos from the internet, it is very nice to not have to worry about whether or not I will be able to play it. One of my favorite things about it is its playlist feature. If I download a full season of a show, I can create a playlist that will play all the episodes in order. And if I need to stop in the middle of an episode, the player will ask me if I want to resume the episode where I left off, which is a unique experience as far as I can tell. All in all, you really can't go wrong with VLC.
- Plays pretty much any video or audio format out there
- Has a playlist feature for those who want to binge watch videos
- Has a resume feature that lets you pick up where you leave off
- Open source, so if you are handy with coding, you could potentially customize the whole thing to your desired specs
- Completely free! They do accept donations, but there is no ads or anything similar to bug you about buying.
- Can be used on pretty much any platform, including, but not limited to; Android, iOS, Windows, Mac, and Linux.