Deezer is a music streaming app created in France. It is available in 180 counties and gets 16 million users a month. 6 million of the users have paid subscriptions. The platform has over 35 million song tracks and 100 million playlists that are available to its users. The app is available for Android, Windows Phone, iOS, Web, and desktop.
- Premium + version that allows unlimited access to music
- Online music streaming with over 100million playlists
- Compartmentalized music
- Free 15 day free premium + streaming version
- It allows online streaming for over 35 million tracks in different categories.
- Premium+ Deezer lets you download music and allows you to win tickets to artists' shows.
- The app enables you to display lyrics to the song you are streaming.
- You can upload your music on Deezer even if you are not a signed artiste.
- The app has timely updates that allow you to keep up with the latest tracks.
- You can only stream music online. This means that you cannot listen to music offline from the free version.
- It has a low sound quality.
- The Premium+ service needs to be paid for after the free subscription period ends.
- Deezer is unavailable in US.
Deezer’s interface and design are easy to use and comes with tabs on the window to direct you to your favorite music. 28 million of the app’s 35+ million tracks are available in HD with the online player being more functional compared to other sites. You can be sure that your favorite artiste has to be somewhere on the archive. If you cannot find your favorite tracks, Deezer allows you import them. The site has compartmentalized its music in five categories namely: Hear this, Top playlists, New Releases, My Music, and Mixes. On the Home tab, you can browse music by new releases, popularity, new releases, moods, and mixes. My Music directs you to your playlists and favorite tracks and makes recommendations for you. Deezer Picks makes recommendations for tracks and albums by using your listening history and algorithms to understand your taste in music. The app has a search engine that can help ease your search for a particular song without having to rummage through the tons of playlists. You can listen to the app on the free version that is supported by ads or pay for a premium + account. You can also choose to have an account by signing up using your email, Google +, or Facebook account. Deezer Premium + enables you to listen to better sound quality compared to the free version. It has three tiers: ad-supported free version, a premium version at $9.99, and an elite tier that offers the best quality of music that goes for $14.99. The sound quality graduates with the tier with the free version streaming at 128kbps, which is a poor quality compared to what competitors are offering on their free versions. Deezer app is available on Google Play Store and Apple Store. The service is also accessible on Smart TVs and even on your car stereo. Deezer allows you to use your login across all your devices and you can choose any of its platforms to stream music. The platform supports most music genres sourced from different world cultures. Since the app has frequent updates from across the world, you can be sure that the latest jams from even the smallest countries are available.