Unlocator is a location scrambling service that masks your location online, giving you greater access and freedom on the web. The website advertises the service as allowing access to more streaming services, but there are many uses for scrambling your location online. The website maintains that it has very high privacy standards and that they do not keep any records of the people using their services. Another important thing about Unlocator to note is that it does not require any download, so it can be used on most devices. Unlocator does not affect standard data traffic, instead only rerouting location information.
- Unlocator works on all kinds of devices.
- Because it is accessed through the web and effects the geo tags on your online traffic, it does not matter what device you have and will work on most, if not all.
- Unlocator scrambles your location so that businesses cannot track your activity online.
- This allows for much greater peace of mind regarding your privacy when using the internet.
- Unlocator keeps no records of people using their site, so you do not have to worry about people seeing your activity on the site and growing suspicious of your motives online.
- Unlocator scrambles your location and can make you appear to be in multiple places at once online, giving you greater online privacy.
- Unlocator does not keep any records of the people who use their site, further ensuring that they will protect your privacy.
- Unlocator works by scrambling your geo tags. Because it only affects those geo tags, regular data is not impeded in any way and you can continue to go about your business online without any blockage to your network.
- It may seem suspicious to some people that you would want to hide your location online. Although the point of the site is privacy and anonymity online, some people view it in a more malicious light.
- Most location data collected is not used for more than marketing purposes, meaning that unless that bothers you a lot, there may not be a point to buying the software. However, anyone can benefit from added privacy when surfing the web.
- Some websites or apps require location data, and using Unlocator when trying to access those sites could affect the results that you get on them.
Unlocator is a very helpful website for several reasons. With Unlocator, you can appear as though you exist in multiple places at once or far away or both. There are plenty of scenarios online where this might be helpful, but even if you are just a person that likes privacy, like most people do, you will probably have a reason to enjoy and come back to Unlocator. It is very helpful that they do not keep any logs of the people who use their site. Considering the site is all about privacy and protection of your information, it is good to know that you will be able to go there and not broadcast the fact that you had used the site. I did not find that using the site changed the speed of my standard data traffic at all. All in all, it was a very helpful website for privacy.