Sins Of A Solar Empire (Series)
Sins of a Solar Empire is a sci-fi real time strategy game, abbreviated as RTS, developed by Ironclad Games. True to the game formula of many other famous RTS names, players must use a variety of means to conquer enemies and secure objectives. The game is set in the distant future, and players are put in direct control of a powerful spacefaring empire. Through military, diplomatic and economic means, players may progress through their goals and enjoy a competitive environment in which they may develop their strategic skills. The game features a number of custom modes, and it was so well-received that it had the opportunity to spawn several expansions following the events of the first game.
- The gameplay is extremely immersive.
- As soon as players start the game up, they have the opportunity to enjoy the full depth of what it has to offer.
- Micromanagement is a thing of the past, as this game focuses on providing players with a more immersive real-time strategy experience.
- Fans of the series described the gameplay as original and fresh, breathing new life into a classic genre that has only become more innovative over the years.
- The scope of the game is massive. Players will have the opportunity to command a tremendous amount of combat units and resources, all while exploring diplomatic and economic options with other factions on the map.
- Powerful victory conditions and a broad variety of races are available for individuals to work with, providing players with a number of strategic ways to win their match.
- The scale of the combat in the game is absolutely enormous. Players who have always wanted to take part in massive space battles will be able to do so over numerous potential scenarios.
- The game very versatile, and there is no one correct way to win in a large-scale game. Players will have the opportunity to change up their strategy according to what works for their unique play style.
- Some players may find that the AI in the game could use a little bit of work. Some of the functions may seem strange and exploitable, especially for those who are planning on running through on more competitive settings.
- Many players reported multiplayer issues, though these may be easy to resolve depending on the player's current software and hardware build.
- The games may take a very long time to resolve, which means that players should be expected to plan ahead for the length of the game itself, especially in a competitive setting.
- The controls and strategies may be a little bit complicated to those new to this game or to the genre.
Those who are fans of the RTS genre can look forward to a tremendous variety of features with this game. From the captivating story to the broad array of factions to choose from, the game promises something for everyone. The multiplayer features were especially enjoyable to play, and this game may be a classic for those who love the science fiction genre to begin with. In addition to the raw gameplay mechanics that keep players hooked, the graphics are extremely attractive, creating an even more immersive experience designed to dazzle both veterans and newcomers to the genre. The games that came after are definitely worthy additions to the series as well.