Pusher is an app development environment that specializes in "pushing" real-time updates to the app across platforms. London-based Pusher Ltd. has seen their software grow to be used in some of the largest and most downloaded apps on the market.
- Updates applications in real time across many platforms
- Live user lists to aid in development and collaboration
- Comprehensive access control for administration
- Getting started with the program is free, and users can sign up at pusher.com/signup
- Works with both Android and iOS devices, as well as desktops and laptops
- Advanced solutions might be out of the price range of some companies, and the free "Sandbox" version of Pusher has limited functionality
There are not too many companies out there who can say their software is on everyone's device. Pusher Ltd. is one of those lucky firms, and their clever development environment allows programmers to update the apps on smart phones and computers in real time. Today, they boast that their software, Pusher, is being used on more than 6.5 billion devices worldwide. That's almost enough devices to match the entire human population. The software is often used in chat or messaging apps; augmented or virtual reality gaming; location-based apps, like maps or navigators; trading applications; and other social or collaborative apps. The Pusher arsenal includes over 30 libraries to use in various programming languages, making Pusher extremely likely to be 100 percent compatible with any given app. The Pusher team regularly keeps users informed of the latest developments and features by having video talks with developers, which can be viewed at pusher.com/sessions. Given the huge variety of uses for Pusher, there's plenty of documentation available for developers to browse. And with over 200,000 developers using Pusher today, it's safe to say that their documentation gets a whole lot of traffic.