EditPlus is a simplistic, older-style code development platform that has been in development since 1998. It's currently on version 4. 2 and features support for modern programming languages as well as old workhorses.
- Hex Viewer: Allows display of the current file in hex mode.
- Switching back to normal mode is as easy as using a single command
- Code Folding: Code can be hidden or displayed based on indentation
- HTML Toolbar: Allows insertion of common HTML with the click of a button
- Auto completion: Only supports C/C++ and Perl by default, but additional autocomplete files can be created manually
- Cliptext window: Commonly used clippings of code can be stored in a separate window for easy access
- Document templates can be created to quickly create code pages that have common features
- Emmet integration
- A free evaluation version is available as shareware for 30 days. A one person license is a reasonable $35 and includes a free major (version) upgrade and unlimited minor upgrades
- Extremely lightweight, weighing in at around 2 megabytes for download
- Great, cost-effective alternative to Microsoft Frontpage or Adobe Dreamweaver for HTML development
- Only supported on the Windows operating system, versions 7 and above. No support for Mac or Linux