Gandi.net is a full-service provider of domain name registration, web hosting, managed hosting, SSL certificates, and more. The company has been in business since 1999 and offers straightforward pricing on its various products and services.
- Instant record changes with a live DNS tool
- Free Whois privacy
- Tutorials and videos for those new to web hosting
- Management compatibility with multiple devices
- Reasonable prices on many TLD extensions
- Free SSL certificate for one year with new registration
- Two email boxes provided with up to 1,000 forwarding addresses
- Pricing scheme for multiple domains is confusing
- Prices on some extensions are much higher than competitors
- Support only offered six days each week
It is somewhat easy to overlook Gandi.net as a trusted provider of domain registration and web hosting. While not as recognizable as industry giants like HostGator and Namecheap, Gandi.net trumps many registrants with its length of time in business. The company has been offering services since 1999. Their motto is "No Bullshit" and this pretty much sums up the company's approach to transparency and fairness. Gandi.net has offices on multiple continents and claims to have registered and managed more than 2 million domain names. As a registrar, the company offers some nice perks. Those who register their domain at Gandi.net receive a free SSL certificate for one year, two free mailboxes, and up to 1,000 forwarding addresses. The company also provides a private Whois option that can effectively hide the owner of the domain. There are thousands of TLD extensions available, and many are competitively priced. It should be noted, however, that the pricing on some domains is much higher than that offered by competitors. Gandi.net also has a somewhat confusing pricing scheme for those with 45 or more domains, resellers, or key clients. Pricing is given in A-E rates. Hosting can be purchased for a nominal fee and the company will also provide manage hosting for those who are so inclined.