Franz is a messaging App used to support other messaging services like Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, and Telegram among others. For everyone using Mac or Windows, you can get Franz free of charge by downloading it. It works by combining all the chats on your phone in one application. The latest version of Franz is an open source application and does not support Linux. Franz provides an opportunity for you to manage a variety of messaging accounts in one place and at the same time. For instance, you can use Messenger and control up to 5 Facebook accounts at once. To utilize the five built-in services from Franz, you need to first create an account by signing up. It comes with an extensive plugin architecture through which you can make additional or create accounts. These accounts are then tailored to meet your needs. The creator keeps on improving Franz services to offer you a platform that enhances messaging.
- Web interface for each instant messaging App.
- Low virtual memory.
- Clean and minimalist UI.
- WebKit access
- You can add services a different number of times based on your needs.
- The interface can be tailor-made to your messaging needs.
- Single and tabbed interface for multiple chats; WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Gmail, Telegram, Skype, Slack etc.
- Convenience: You get a single platform for multiple instant messengers. You can manage your private and business profiles from one place.
- Updated info: You can get updated information from each messaging application without necessarily updating the mother App.
- One account: You can use a single account on Franz to access separate services.
- Simplified: You can add different accounts such as Messengers for Facebook or Gmail, which allows you to manage private, business, and other accounts easily.
- WebKit access: Franz accesses all the new features and information even if the APIs are changed by the service provider. What’s more, Franz does not read the messages you text or receive. It just helps you keep track of your notifications from different messaging Apps under one interface.
- Franz is free: You do not pay anything to download or use Franz App. As such, you will readily have all your instant messaging Apps controlled in one software.
- It is not perfect: Amid the variety of websites and messaging Apps we have to stay updated with, getting a universal platform to manage them with ease is ideal. Franz is one of the best but is not a universal App, which implies that it does not accommodate all messaging software.
- It only operates on Mac and Windows, which limits the users, especially those using Linux.
Franz is an efficient platform in allowing you to manage unlimited accounts from a single application. You can add every service different times depending on your messaging needs. With Franz, you are sure to stay connected with your friends or even manage multiple private accounts, especially in the customer care department. It is the perfect App for the users looking for service synchronization. You will love Franz as it provides a chance for you to stay updated on the notifications received in all your accounts. Managing them will also be easy, ensuring that you do not miss a thing. Franz provides a platform on which you can combine your private and business life hassle free.
Works great for text messaging like Facebook Messenger, Android Messenger, Hangouts, and Skype. But I had to knock 1 star off because it doesn't allow Skype calling. When I receive a Skype call I have to open the native Skype application.