It seems as if every site you go to today requires a password of one sort or another. These passwords are becoming more and more stringent in nature, due to the increased security threat that is facing every Internet user. This creates a bit of a conundrum, as you need to find a way to remember all of these passwords and be able to keep them safe yourself. This is the function of Dashlane. No matter how many devices you use on a regular basis, your passwords will always be known to you. This will enable you to create even more secure passwords, resting assured that Dashlane will help you remember them when the time comes to access any given website. The program will even help you generate unique passwords for each site that you visit, adding yet another layer of security.
- Program can generate unique passwords - Make your passwords even more secure by having a different one for each website that you have access to.
- All passwords are stored securely across your devices - Each of your passwords is securely stored for access on your phone or tablet as needed.
- Program will directly enter your passwords when you visit various websites - The hassle of always having to enter your username and password on every site is eliminated.
- Stored passwords become instantly available across all devices - No matter what device you happen to be on, you will be able to gain access to your favorite websites with the passwords that are stored on Dashlane.
- Available for either businesses or individuals - There are two separate version of the program depending on what your needs might be.
- Program works on both Window and MAC based operated systems - The program work on both major operating systems, further opening up the options that it presents.
- Steep learning curve - The program is not as easy to use on mobile devices as one would hope. There will be a bit of learning curve involved in order to take advantage of all its various features.
- Worries about security - While Dashlane reports that only the individual owner of a device will have access to the stored passwords, there is always the concern that others can gain access somehow.
- In-App purchases required - There are fees involved before access to the most useful features contained within Dashlane can be accessed.
With Dashlane, the objective is that users will never be in a lurch with a missing password ever again. With so many people using the same password for nearly every site that they visit in order to be able to remember how to gain access, security has long been a concern. This program will help users generate unique passwords for each of the sites that they access on a regular basis. This enhances security, and it also addresses the need to be able to remember all of those passwords. A quick review of the site reveals that passwords can be accessed across all mobile devices that belong to a user. When users navigate to a site that requires a password, Dashlane can instantly put in the password and access will be granted. Security is also addressed as the user is the only one that has access to the passwords and usernames.
The software is decent, but the support is terrible and they only take credit card payments, which is very restrictive.